In the joy of the Resurrection, our Paschal season, test your knowledge with some Orthodox Trivia focused on Pascha!
|Resurrection of our Lord|
a. resurrection b. passover
c. feast d. salvation
2. Who is the disciple that would not believe in the good news of the Resurrection of our Lord until he saw the marks of the crucifixion?
a. Peter b. Paul
c. Thomas d. Andrew
3. Who is the first person to tell the myrrh-bearing women the good news of the Resurrection?
a. an angel b. the Jewish soldier
c. Nicodemus d. Pontius Pilate
4. Did St Paul ever meet Jesus (in the flesh)?
YES or NO
5. Who is the disciple chosen to replace Judas Iscariot among the Twelve?
a. Justus b. Matthias
c. Mark d. Paul
6. What is the week following Pascha called?
a. Week of Joy b. Easter Week
c. Resurrection Week d. Bright Week
7. Who is depicted in the Icon of the Resurrection/Descent into Hades as being raised by the hand out of the graves by Christ?
a. Joachim & Anna b. Adam & Eve
b. Abraham & Sarah d. Moses & Zipporah
8. Who does the Church commemorate on the second Sunday following Pascha?
a. the twelve disciples b. Jesus' family
c. myrrh-bearing women d. Longinus the Centurion
9. How many days after Pascha do we celebrate the Feast of the Ascension of our Lord?
a. 12 days b. 20 days
c. 40 days d. 50 days
10. What is the Paschal greeting for Orthodox Christians (in English)?
a. Christ is risen! b. Christ no longer sleeps!
b. Jesus is Lord! d. Lord, come!
11. What is the traditional color of the Church during the Paschal season (vestments, altar cloth, candle holders)?
a. blue b. white
c. red d. gold
12. On the road to what town did the Lord reveal himself as risen from the dead to some of his disciples?
a. Capernaum b. Bethany
c. Jerusalem d. Emmaus
13. What day is the Sabbath?
a. Thursday b. Friday
c. Saturday d. Sunday
14. Where did the angel tell the myrrh-bearing women that Jesus would meet with his disciples?
a. Galilee b. Capernaum
c. Jerusalem d. Bethlehem
15. Which Church Father's homily is read during the celebration of the Feast of Feasts, Pascha?
a. St Basil the Great b. my bishop
c. my parish priest d. St John Chysostom
The Answer Key is below, please highlight to view:
1. b 6. d 11. b
2. c 7. b 12. d
3. a 8. c 13. c
4. NO 9. c 14. a
5. b 10. a 15. d
- A Day in the Life of the Youth Director