Monday, June 6, 2011

Kentucky Derby Party in Houston, TX

On the "first Saturday in May" is the Kentucky Derby in Louisville, KY (my hometown). The "Run for the Roses" is a horserace thats known as the "greatest two minutes in sports!"


This past Saturday, May 7th I hosted a Kentucky Derby/Birthday Party with friends and family - to give them a little slice of Kentucky fun! It was an awesome affair in the Houston area with plenty of Kentucky favorites: Derby decor (thanks to Mama Fuller who mailed me plenty of decorations), Kentucky Derby Pies, lunch from Kentucky Fried Chicken, and plenty of Kentucky bourbon for specialty mint julips.




Enjoy some pictures from the festivities below:

Conducting my own "Happy Birthday" rendition
Pretty ladies in fancy hats
 

Haddad & Araj Families
 

Stratos Unidos & Shining Star
The other Birthday boy - George
Sobchak Family
Kh. Valerie & my cousin Joe

Betty Draper in the kitchen
A dessert fight broke out...
It was a heated exchange...
The aftermath!
Dolled-up Stratos
Michael and his hands
Thanks to all my friends who came out to celebrate my birthday and enjoy a "day at the races!"

- A Day in the Life of the Youth Director

1 comment:

Dawn Sandomeno said...

Awesome Party Paul - Cheers!