Monday, December 13, 2010

"'Tis the Season"...Yes, You were Saying?

It's that time of year again, ya know, for Christmas and all the joy it brings, such as Santa Claus and his reindeer, snow-falling, presents, hideous festive sweaters, caroling, decorations, work parties, Christmas bonuses (well maybe not so much in this economy), etc.

With all that joy, what's an Orthodox Christian to do during such a season?  What's that you say Church, you want me to not eat certain foods (Nativity Fast), donate more to my parish community, wrap presents for kids that I don't know, avoid Christmas parties and dancing?




















Image Source

I don't know how to respond to such nonsense.  All my friends are at the mall shopping, my family is busy decorating our Christmas tree and house, and I'm a little preoccupied making my Christmas "wish list" for Santa!

'Tis the Season...Yes, You were Saying?  There's another "reason for the season" you claim?  Well, don't keep me in suspense, let's hear it!

Put Christ back into Christmas!  Remember the real reason for the season is that Jesus, the Son of God, the Messiah, came into the world and dwelt among men, taking on Himself the sins of the world so that we might have life in Him.

“God is with us! Understand O nations and submit yourselves, for God is with us!” (Isaiah 8:9)




















Christ is Born!  Glorify Him!

- A Day in the Life of the Youth Director

No comments: